Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Love Working Out in the Morning

I got up at 4:30 a.m. and went to the gym. I seriously overloaded on lower body lifts - squats, leg press machine (did 90lbs more than previous best), etc. When I felt like I was going to fall down, I got on the elliptical and did cardio for 20 minutes.

I feel great now. The phrase "make this your best day possible"comes to my mind now. This is the kind of start to my day I want every day. Screw working out at night.
1. When I plan to workout at night, it just doesn't get done sometimes. Things come up. I'm in school. I work full time. I have a household to maintain. When I do it first thing, I control it. Something would literally have to come up overnight to make it not happen.
2. I feel better when I workout in the morning. I just do! More energy, better focus.
3. I have a sense of accomplishment to start the day.

Oh, for those keeping track, I was 312 on July 28, 2008. I now weigh 273. That's 39lbs gone. 33 more to go before I do a reevaluation.