Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Tip That Was More Than The Meal!

My father and I ate Friday evening at a restaurant in Midtown (The "trendy" area of Memphis). I had Maine lobster, and my father had a chicken dish. The food was excellent, though the portions were small.

What I did not like was looking at my credit card statement today and seeing that they charged me a $73.00 tip on a $56.00 meal.

What gives? I called the place. They're closed today, but if I don't hear anything back Monday, credit card company here I come!

The strange thing about this is that I had another processing error on Thursday, when I sent my gf flowers - the floral company that I always use charged my bank card [i]twice[/i].

The question thus is: Am I right in my assumption that I haven't been getting charged more than I've owed in years previous? I always try to keep my financial records in good order, but now I'm paranoid that I've been missing small things.

Balderdash!

P.S. - I'm back.

1 comment:

Nancy Holte said...

My advice is to call your credit card companies right away despite what anyone says they'll do to correct the problem. Your window of opportunity for filing complaints is small. I had this happen once and despite numerous promises from the florist, I never got my money back. This, of course, was before the day when you could check your credit card balance on the internet.

P.S. Glad you're back!