Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Sunday: Fried Pickles and Cleaning

After church today, I went out to eat with my parents. I eat out with my dad pretty much every night because it "relaxes" him, so no big deal. Well, it was, because I really liked the place we ate for once! You see, my dad enjoys eating at old school, junky southern restaurants that are called "meat and three's." Basically, you get a meat, three vegetables, and a roll or corn bread. Sounds cool if you're old, maybe. Well, these restaurants are inexpensive (cheap), and it doesn't seem like they can afford basic maintenance. But my Dad loves them, and will drive an hour to eat at a new one. I guess it reminds him of growing up in Mississippi.

Today was different though. The food was good. The atmosphere was decent. To be honest, I haven't found any restaurants down here that match the atmosphere of restaurants in the Twin Cities.

What I want to talk about though, is an interesting food I had: fried pickles. They were only ok, but I have to let everyone know that Scotland apparently controls the south. That's right, Scotland isn't the only place that will deep fry everything (including Mars Bars), the dirty south will.

Nasty.

I was unable to get hold of my partner after lunch, so I didn't finish the Cressida today. Instead, I detailed the interior of Dad's Audi the best I could before dark and then washed the exterior at a Carwash. It was dirty, and he doesn't seem like he really even cared I did it. Oh well. I'm learning how to get cars really clean, which will help me as I buy and sell :)

No comments: