Sunday, July 29, 2007

Three good quotes on finances

Three quotes from my youth have been haunting my dreams lately:
1. "You don't have to be smart to spend money." My dad got this from my grandfather. I'm not sure who he got it from, but he did grow up in the depression and was very hard struck by it. Most likely, this was a common catch phrase.

2. "The universal law of economics: Your standard of living will rise to meet your income." I hope I always (note: I didn't say I hope I can, because 99% of people can!) will discipline myself to live significantly below my income!

3. "Live like no one else now so you can live like no one else later." The great Dave Ramsey says this often.

That said about Dave Ramsey, I really need to go back and read some of Larry Burkett's writings - he was preaching the truth when Dave Ramsey was still going through bankruptcy!

1 comment:

Sam Snyder said...

That's a funny point you make about Burkett and Ramsey.