Thursday, April 12, 2007

Stupid Phone Calls

I talk to a lot of people on the phone every day. A LOT. Doing this, I hear some strange stories. "I blew up my motor racing backwards for five miles in the rain," etc. Crazy things. Today, I got a phone call. The area code was for the South Twin Cities, and it was so absurd that after I got off the call I immediately texted 7 of my friends to see if they had prank called me. If they did, none would own up to it. As most of them are pastors or pastoral study majors, I'm taking their word for it.

Before I share with you what happened, I want to post this disclaimer: idiot voice inflection can take an intelligent comment and remove the "intelligence" from the conversation.

When the gentleman in question called, he told me he was looking for a '96 Civic motor, and insisted he wanted to put a V-Tec in his base model. We don't sell a motor to someone unless it's the same motor they have in their vehicle. Nothing I said made this man understand that. Instead, he was focusing on whether or not I could get him the motor quickly so he could install it while his vehicle was on the freeway. That's right, he wanted to do a motor install on the freeway. I did not sell that motor.

Interesting, to say the least.

No comments: