Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Good Health is a Good Thing


Yesterday was a great day. I got a great report from my doctor about the impact of my lifestyle change on my body. My blood pressure is no longer high (it wasn't high for long to begin with, I just... let myself go), it's perfect. I'm losing weight, and even he said "Man, you're changing shape!"

Last night after work, I went to a bike shop and ordered a bike (link to what I got). It should be here this weekend. I'm not sure how good at biking I'll be endurance wise, but I plan to start biking to work twice a week (Mondays and Fridays). This should burn about 450 calories one way, and save me about $40 a week in gas money. If I get to the point where I'm "speedy" then I'll add Wednesdays. I've looked into taking classes on Saturdays next semester instead of at night. If I did that, I could bike to work EVERY day. That would be REALLY great all the way around. My hope is that this will be a practical way to lose more weight, increase my "wind," and save some money on gasoline. Also, I am running a little bit, but my puppy really, really likes to run. Hopefully this will help me to exercise him.

No comments: