Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hebrews

I've been doing a Bible study of Hebrews this fall as part of my daily reading and deeper study. Hebrews is in my opinion the most difficult book to study in the New Testament, with the exception of Revelations, but the depth of theology in it is so incredibly deep. I'm probably only 1/9 worked through the commentaries I'm using to study this and don't feel remotely qualified to offer anything of substantive length yet, but if my readers would be interested I would love to share any nuggets of truth or gems of novelty I stumble across. Just let me know.

And no, I won't post who I think wrote Hebrews. I will only say that due to the heavy use of maritime metaphors and a Vocabulary very different from Paul's writings, I don't think Paul is our author.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: