Friday, September 12, 2008

A really big spider can ruin a walk

Midnight and I love to walk. We have a route by my apartment that is almost exactly 1.5 miles. Many times small spiders put webs up across the sidewalks. So at night I take my flashlight with me to help spot their webs. Attached to this post is a picture of a web I'm ad I didn't run into. It was at least 4 feet in diameter and had the largest, hairiest, nastiest looking spider in it that I've ever seen. I'm not sure if it wa4 poisonous, bit I'm glad that I didn't just rely on my eyes natural ability to capture light and instead used the flashlight to pierce the darkness.

Now if this were a children"s video, Steve Green would pop out right now and staryt sining a song to the effect of "your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." We're all adults and know that though, right? That said, I can't help but wonder why I and so many other Christians only pull out our lights when we slam into an obstacle so large we can't just fumble over it. We'll come to the good Lord when we need a financial miacle, but we've not allowed his word to illuminate the day to day steps we have taken in our personal finances.

"Free me oh God!" we cry, even though the debt we're in is called that which makes us a slave in scripture.

Other examples could be child rearing, how we treat those around us, etc.

So... Yeah. Just start reading and APPLYING the Word of God folks. Please?
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: